- 17 Jun 2021
- 8:45 am - 3:30 pm
Future South’s Countdown to COP26
The countdown is on. The threats from climate change are now immediate and we must act in proportion to the magnitude of the challenge.
The UK will host the 26th UN Climate Change Conference of the Parties (COP26) in Glasgow on 1 – 12 November 2021.
The COP26 summit will bring parties together to accelerate action towards the goals of the Paris Agreement and the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change. The UK is committed to working with all countries and joining forces with civil society, companies, and people on the frontline of climate change to inspire climate action ahead of COP26.
The UN’s COP26 climate summit later this year represents our opportunity to overcome that challenge and to lead the world into a cleaner, greener future.
Future South’s Countdown to COP26 event is about seizing that opportunity. Held five months out from the talks, this virtual gathering is the perfect primer – connecting key sustainability and energy leaders and climate experts, with regional actors, to discuss what it will take to lay the foundations for a decade of green industrial revolution within the context of an established greenprint and Solent Freeport.
This online event will include high-level keynote talks about how local government and businesses can elevate their climate ambition, action and advocacy; interactive panel discussions focused on key COP26 themes across energy, transportation, and land use; and unique networking opportunities allowing for new connections and collaborations to be formed.
We are very aware that there are many proposals to engage with COP26, climate change and a post-covid green recovery. Come and share your plans so we can maximise the impact for our region.
- 8:45 - 9:15
- Event Start
- Event opens with virtual round-table networking
- 9:15 - 9:20
- Welcome and introduction Ben Earl, Chair of Future South
- 9:20 - 10:35
- Plenary - Ambition, action, advocacy: Seizing the business opportunity of COP26
- 10:35 - 11:00
- Networking and themed tables open
- 11:00 - 12:00
- Panel discussion - Clean Energy & Transport: To net-zero and beyond
- 12:00 - 13:00
- Networking tables will remain open
- 13:00 - 14:00
- Panel discussion - Nature-Based Solutions & Climate Resilience
- Acuity Partner Begonia Filgueira will be speaking in this discussion
- 14:00 - 14:30
- Climate finance: Achieving a transition to a net-zero carbon economy
- 14:30 - 15:00
- Networking and themed tables
- 15:00 - 15:30
- Summary, Actions and Close