About Acuity Law
Acuity Law is a dynamic law firm with a modern organisational structure and an agile, fluid team-centric model. Not held back by tradition, we are always looking to improve our client service and grow our community of lawyers.
We are a team of instinctively commercial lawyers, passionate about delivering the best legal service with our people and our clients at the heart of everything we do.
As experts in our fields, total quality at all levels of our business is our hallmark. This is our measure of success: long-standing client relationships, helping our clients to achieve their business objectives as an extension of our client’s commercial and legal teams.
The firm’s culture is reflected in the quality of service to clients and the speed and precision with which the Acuity Law team gives advice.
The firm’s recent accolades include The Times Best Law Firms of the Year 2020, Law Firm of the Year 2020 at Wales Legal Awards and Law Firm of the Year (Wales) at the Legal 500 Awards.
About the Team
Due to rapid growth and continued success, our highly regarded Commercial & Technology team are seeking a Solicitor with at least 4 year’s PQE who can demonstrate strong commercial experience to join their busy Cardiff operation.
Commercial relationships must be carefully considered, clearly documented, and properly managed to be effective.
Properly drafted contracts are at the heart of every successful business. Whether it’s with suppliers, customers or agents, watertight agreements are the best way to protect your business interests and manage risks.
The work that our Commercial team does has a strong technology bias and we advise a broad range of clients across a number of sectors including med tech and life sciences, software and IT, telecoms, digital media, universities and spin outs.
Reporting directly into the Lead Partner of a highly functioning, collaborative, and ambitious team you will be an integral part of Acuity’s Commercial & Technology offering. You will get involved with a range of Commercial work, whilst an integral part of the role is specialising within the technology sector.
You will have experience in advising in relation to the following:
- Drafting and reviewing commercial contracts
- Joint ventures, collaboration agreement and strategic alliances
- Outsourcings and major contracts
- Software licensing and distribution agreements
- Digital media and entertainment arrangements
- Franchise, distribution, agency and standard form commercial terms of supply and purchase
- E-commerce and software as a service agreement
- Supply terms
- Agency agreements
- Participation in business development and networking initiatives
- Partnership Agreements
- Brand Protection and enforcement
- Design and Copyright
- IP rights
- You will have supervisory responsibilities for junior members of the team
In return, you will receive:
- Competitive salary reviewed annually.
- Attractive bonus scheme.
- Employee benefits to include private healthcare cover and life assurance.
- Defined career progression development plan.
- Autonomy and flexibility to work at home and in the office.