About Acuity Law
Acuity Law is a dynamic law company with a modern organisational structure and an agile, fluid team-centric model. Not held back by tradition, we are always looking to improve our client service and grow our community of lawyers.
We’re a team of instinctively commercial lawyers, passionate about delivering the best legal service with our people and our clients at the heart of everything we do.
As experts in our fields, total quality at all levels of our business is our hallmark. This is our measure of success: long-standing client relationships, helping our clients to achieve their business objectives as an extension of our client’s commercial and legal teams.
The firm’s culture is reflected in the quality of service to clients and the speed and precision with which the Acuity Law team gives advice.
The firm’s recent accolades include The Times Best Law Firms of the Year 2020, Law Firm of the Year 2020 at Wales Legal Awards and Law Firm of the Year (Wales) at the Legal 500 Awards.
About the Team
Due to continued growth and investment, our highly regarded Commercial & Technology team require a reliable and proactive Paralegal to join its Cardiff operation.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a well-established, award-winning Commercial team who are highly ranked in Chambers and Legal 500.
Commercial relationships must be carefully considered, clearly documented, and properly managed to be effective.
Properly drafted contracts are at the heart of every successful business. Whether it’s with suppliers, customers or agents, watertight agreements are the best way to protect business interests and manage risks.
The work that our tier one Commercial team does has a strong technology bias, and we advise a broad range of clients across several sectors including med-tech and life sciences, software and IT, telecoms, digital media, Universities, and spinouts.
We have extensive experience in advising companies (whether supply-side or end-user), on the legal, regulatory, contractual, and commercial aspects that arise.
- Conducting legal research.
- Preparing Companies House filings.
- Preparation and drafting legal documents.
- Reviewing, drafting, and preparing commercial contracts (NDA’s, service agreements etc).
- Contract support – preparing final version contracts for execution.
- Maintaining and updating standard contract templates and other legal documents.
- Analysing and inputting data on the document management system.
- Writing articles for internal and external circulation.
- Organising case files and transcribing legal opinion.
- Undertaking corporate due diligence.
- Organising diaries, scheduling meetings, and responding to general enquiries.
- General administrative support
Skills & Experience
- LPC or completion of LPC in 2021 is preferred.
- Highly efficient organisation skills will be key along with the ability to work. independently to identify and manage priorities in a busy workload.
- Experience in undertaking legal research and drafting legal notes.
- Be comfortable in using new IT systems.
- Excellent client care and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to produce high quality written work.
In return you will receive:
- Competitive salary reviewed annually.
- Defined career progression development plan.
- Competitive employee benefits.
- Autonomy and flexibility to excel in your role.