About Acuity Law
Acuity Law is a dynamic law firm with a modern organisational structure and an agile, fluid team-centric model. Not held back by tradition, we are always looking to improve our client service and grow our community of lawyers.
We are a team of instinctively commercial lawyers, passionate about delivering the best legal service with our people and our clients at the heart of everything we do.
As experts in our fields, total quality at all levels of our business is our hallmark. This is our measure of success: long-standing client relationships, helping our clients to achieve their business objectives as an extension of our client’s commercial and legal teams.
The firm’s culture is reflected in the quality of service to clients and the speed and precision with which the Acuity Law team gives advice.
The firm’s recent accolades include The Times Best Law Firms of the Year 2020, Law Firm of the Year 2020 at Wales Legal Awards and Law Firm of the Year (Wales) at the Legal 500 Awards.
About the Team
Due to continued investment and success, our highly regarded, market-leading Construction team is seeking a Paralegal to join their Cardiff operation.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a well-established team who are highly ranked in Chambers and Legal 500.
Acuity’s Real Estate & Construction team handles a full range of construction and engineering, real estate transactions and projects, including acquisitions and disposals, development and regeneration, joint ventures, leasing, real estate finance, construction and engineering, as well as the planning and environmental aspects.
You will be part of an 18-strong team comprising lawyers who trained and worked at highly regarded city or national law firms. The construction team has, in recent years, acted on several award winning, high-profile developments and regeneration projects in Cardiff and further afield.
Acuity’s Construction Paralegal will play an instrumental part in assisting the team with existing matters, get involved with fact-finding projects and be responsible for developing and maintaining accurate files.
- Assisting the team with drafting, reviewing, and negotiating construction contracts
- Contract support – preparing final version contracts for execution.
- Maintaining and updating standard contract templates and other legal documents.
- Analysing and inputting data on the document management system.
- Writing articles for internal and external circulation.
- Organising case files and transcribing legal opinion.
- Undertaking corporate due diligence.
- Organising diaries, scheduling meetings, and responding to general enquiries.
- General administrative support
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of six months experience working as a Paralegal within a construction team.
- Experience in undertaking legal research and drafting legal notes.
- Highly efficient organisation skills will be key along with the ability to work independently to identify and manage priorities in a busy workload.
- Be comfortable in using new IT systems.
- Excellent client care and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to produce high quality written work.
- LPC or completion of LPC in 2021 is preferred.
In return, you will receive:
- Competitive salary reviewed annually.
- Employee benefits to include private healthcare cover and life assurance.
- Defined career progression development plan.
- Autonomy and flexibility to work at home and in the office.