Acuity Law is a dynamic law company with a modern organisational structure and an agile, fluid team-centric model. Not held back by tradition, we’re always looking to improve our client service and grow our community of lawyers.
We’re a team of instinctively commercial lawyers, passionate about delivering the best legal service with our people and our clients at the heart of everything we do.
As experts in our fields, total quality at all levels of our business is our hallmark. This is our measure of success: long-standing client relationships, helping our clients to achieve their business objectives as an extension of our client’s commercial and legal teams.
The firm’s culture is reflected in the quality of service to clients and the speed and precision with which the Acuity Law team gives advice.
The firm’s recent accolades include The Times Best Law Firms of the Year 2020, Law Firm of the Year 2020 at Wales Legal Awards and Law Firm of the Year (Wales) at the Legal 500 Awards.
About the Team
Due to continued growth and investment our highly regarded Corporate team are seeking a Solicitor to join their busy Cardiff operation.
Acuity’s award-winning Corporate team partner with start-ups, high growth companies and large corporations to close their deals quickly, efficiently and on the best possible terms. Our team of expert business advisors work with private equity investors and venture capitalists to build and realise value on exit.
With a diverse client portfolio spanning a wide range of sectors our Corporate Lawyers deliver an extensive range of tailored services from joint ventures and partnering arrangements, mergers acquisitions and disposals, business transfers and restructuring, management buy-out and management buy-ins and employee share schemes and enterprise management incentives.
As a Corporate Solicitor, you will play a pivotal role in Acuity’s corporate offering, helping to drive local market share and brand presence.
You will thrive in managing a varied caseload of corporate matters and in working collaboratively with the wider business.
Reporting directly into the Partners of a highly functioning, collaborative, and ambitious team you will be an integral part of Acuity’s Corporate offering.
- Company law and general business advice.
- Mergers and acquisitions of companies and businesses.
- Corporate governance.
- Joint ventures.
- Investments and shareholders agreements.
- Employee share options and employee ownership trusts.
- Company re-organisations and restructures.
- Share buybacks and share exchanges.
- Qualified Solicitor in England & Wales.
- Newly qualified to two year’s post qualifying experience.
- Minimum of 2+ PQE within a Corporate team at a City or national law firm.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Commercially astute with sound judgement skills.
- Ability to strengthen and develop client relationships.
- Sound working knowledge of running due diligence and disclosure processes.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a highly pressured environment.
- Good time and file management skills.
- Strives for high standards and willing to go the extra mile for clients.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary reviewed annually.
- 25 days holiday.
- Private health care cover.
- Life assurance.
- Defined career progression development plan.
- Autonomy and flexibility to work at home and in the office.