About Acuity Law
Acuity Law is a dynamic law company with a modern organisational structure and an agile, fluid team-centric model. Not held back by tradition, we are always looking to improve our client service and grow our community of lawyers.
We’re a team of instinctively commercial lawyers, passionate about delivering the best legal service with our people and our clients at the heart of everything we do.
As experts in our fields, total quality at all levels of our business is our hallmark. This is our measure of success: long-standing client relationships, helping our clients to achieve their business objectives as an extension of our client’s commercial and legal teams.
The firm’s culture is reflected in the quality of service to clients and the speed and precision with which the Acuity Law team gives advice.
The firm’s recent accolades include The Times Best Law Firms of the Year 2020, Law Firm of the Year 2020 at Wales Legal Awards and Law Firm of the Year (Wales) at the Legal 500 Awards.
About the Team
Due to continued investment and success, our highly regarded Real Estate team are seeking a Senior Associate to join our growing London operation.
You will be joining a highly experienced team of Real Estate and Real Estate Finance Lawyers, who handle a wide range of real estate and real estate finance matters and projects, including acquisitions and disposals, development and generation, joint ventures and leasing.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a highly established commercial Real Estate Finance team who are highly ranked in Chambers and Legal 500.
You will be part of a dynamic Real Estate team comprising lawyers who have trained and worked at highly regarded city or national law firms.
Our award-winning Real Estate team have advised on a multitude of notable transactions including:
- Advising a global leader in the design and manufacture of advanced semiconductor wafer products, on the historic £38m deal to establish the world’s first compound semiconductor cluster in South Wales.
- Acting for a financial institution on its involvement as funding partner for a flagship regeneration scheme to create a £100m urban village and a vibrant and sustainable housing community comprising 800 homes.
- Acting in the acquisition and redevelopment of a significant scheme in South London encompassing residential, education and community buildings and the refurbishment of Grade II listed buildings on the site.
Whether the team are working with developers, landowners, landlords, tenants, investors or financiers, our Real Estate specialists have an unparalleled reputation for realising opportunities, navigating the intricacies, and getting deals done efficiently and effectively.
As an experienced Real Estate Senior Associate, you will possess the following skills & experience:
- Qualified Solicitor in England & Wales.
- Minimum of 8 years’ post qualifying experience in a Real Estate team at a city or national firm.
- Proven track record in handling acquisitions and disposals of all types of commercial real estate with some experience of site assembly for development projects.
- Experience of acting for landlords and tenants on commercial lease negotiations.
- Experience of development finance/real estate finance work advantageous.
- Commercially astute with a passion for keeping up to date with key legal and business news.
- A proven track record in delivering technical excellence and in leading workstreams and negotiations.
- Self-motivated, proactive, detail-oriented, a person of sound judgement.
- First-class relationship-building skills and the ability to develop and cement client relations and team working.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with an interest in driving and participating in team business development initiatives.
- Good time and file management skills.
- Proactive ‘Can do’ attitude with a flexible approach to working under pressure.
In return, you will receive:
- Competitive salary reviewed annually.
- Attractive bonus scheme.
- Employee benefits to include private healthcare cover and life assurance.
- Defined career progression development plan.
- Autonomy and flexibility to work at home and in the office.