Beverley leads our Banking & Finance team and co-leads our Corporate team.
She has dedicated her career to supporting clients with corporate transactions, corporate finance, and funding packages.
Beverley has specialist knowledge in advising both institutional lenders and borrowers on the full spectrum of banking and finance work, from routine working capital facilities to acquisition funding and complex project finance packages, as well as receivables and asset finance, and revolving credit facilities.
On the corporate side, she is highly experienced in leading complex and high-value corporate transactions, including acquisitions, disposals, mergers, investments, fundraisings and joint ventures.
Beverley has extensive expertise in the healthcare sector and acts for a number of highly regarded clients, including Hartford Care Group, LifeCare Residences Limited and Choice Care Group.
In addition, she is the lead legal adviser to Principality Building Society, the sixth-largest building society in the UK and the largest in Wales. She was a key player in its funding of an ambitious, £100+ million residential-led urban regeneration project on the site of an old paper mill.
Other noteworthy corporate and corporate finance clients include AIM-listed Brickability Group and Facilities by ADF plc.
For three years in a row, in 2019, 2020 and 2021, Beverley was shortlisted as Dealmaker of the Year in the Insider Wales Dealmakers Awards – the first female lawyer in Wales to have been nominated.
Banking & Finance Transactions
- Acting for Warwick Capital Partners LLP on its debt and equity investment in Eden Living, an exciting new private rented sector business focusing on the acquisition and subsequent letting of newly built houses in South Wales and the Southwest of England, as part of its European Opportunities Fund III. We advised Warwick on its equity investment in Eden Living and on the associated term loan facility for Eden Living with Lloyds Bank plc and initial property acquisitions into the portfolio
- Advising national care home operator Choice Care Group on its acquisition of Care Without Compromise, a specialist care provider based in south-west Wales – its first foray into the Welsh care arena. Choice Care Group is a longstanding client of Beverley, who has advised the group for almost 20 years
- Advising Choice Care Group in acquiring Derbyshire- and Nottinghamshire-based Quality Care, and Witham Valley Care Group, based in Nottinghamshire and Lincolnshire
- Representing Facilities by ADF plc, the leading provider of premium serviced production facilities to the UK film and high-end television industry, on its acquisition of Location One, the UK’s largest integrated TV and film location service and equipment hire company
- Representing Brickability Group plc, one of the UK’s largest construction materials distributors, on its acquisition strategy
- Acting for Sinclair Motor Group in its strategic acquisition of Shukers from Rubery Owen Group
- Advising the shareholders of Lenstec Optical Group on the sale of it shares to optical giant EssilorLuxottica Group
- Advising Warwick Capital Partners on its investment in Eden Living