In this webinar, the Employment team looked at the principles and obligations of right to work checks and the changes employers need to be aware of in light of the Coronavirus pandemic and the end of the Brexit transition period.
Key questions covered included:
- What sanctions could be imposed for employing an employee without the right to work?
- What is the benefit of conducting adequate checks?
- Have there been adjustments to right to work check obligations to account for COVID restrictions?
- How will right to work checks look from 1 January 2021?
- Is collecting and processing right to work data compliant with Data Protection Legislation?
- What should employers do if they suspect an employee does not have the right to work?