About Acuity Law
Acuity Law is a dynamic law firm with a modern organisational structure and an agile, fluid team-centric model. Not held back by tradition, we are always looking to improve our client service and grow our community of lawyers.
We are a team of instinctively commercial lawyers, passionate about delivering the best legal service with our people and our clients at the heart of everything we do.
As experts in our fields, total quality at all levels of our business is our hallmark. This is our measure of success: long-standing client relationships, helping our clients to achieve their business objectives as an extension of our client’s commercial and legal teams.
The firm’s culture is reflected in the quality of service to clients and the speed and precision with which the Acuity Law team gives advice.
The firm’s recent accolades include The Times Best Law Firms of the Year 2020, Law Firm of the Year 2020 at Wales Legal Awards and Law Firm of the Year (Wales) at the Legal 500 Awards.
About the Team
Due to continued investment and success, our highly regarded Real Estate Finance team are seeking a Senior Associate with commensurate Banking experience to join their busy department.
As a highly experienced team of specialist Real Estate Finance Lawyers, our team advises lenders and borrowers on all types of real estate backed debt transactions, covering all asset types, debt sizes and tiers of debt. We are renowned for our high level of client service and our transactional expertise.
The team advises on all aspects of a transaction, drawing on the expertise of our market leading specialists in the real estate, construction, planning and corporate disciplines. Our clients include commercial and private banks, alternative lenders, building societies, funds, developers, listed corporates, owner-operators, and high net worth investors.
They advise in relation to asset classes as diverse as residential real estate, commercial/residential mixed use, shopping centres and retail parks, hotels and other leisure facilities, student accommodation, offices, care homes and industrial. In the development arena, our work can range from large scale transformational developments to refurbishment works.
Reporting directly into the Lead Partner Sam Clarke, as an experienced Banking lawyer, will be an integral part of Acuity’s Real Estate Finance offering, helping to drive market share and brand presence.
You will thrive in managing a varied caseload of real estate matters and in working collaboratively with the wider business.
- Acting for clearing banks as well as several international lenders, mezzanine lenders, real estate funds and various high profile corporate borrowers. You will assist in advising on all types of real estate financings including both investment and development transactions. The ideal candidate will have worked in a specialist real estate finance team within a top tier firm in the City and will have experience of leading transactions which involve both bilateral and multi-banked syndicated facilities.
- You will proactively manage your own caseload and will provide support and guidance to the partners and senior lawyers on larger transactions. You will mentor and support junior members of the team.
- You should demonstrate an extensive knowledge of the real estate market and different client types, including their commercial drivers and requirements.
- As this role involves high levels of direct client contact, you will be expected to demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and confidently with clients.
- You will be commercially astute and will contribute towards the business development strategy of the business by preparing briefing papers, attending, and presenting at client seminars and developing your own contacts to develop and grow the business.
As an experienced Banking Solicitor, you will possess the following skills & experience:
- A qualified Solicitor in England & Wales with a minimum of 6 years post-qualifying experience.
- Strong Real Estate Finance experience gained at a City or national law firm.
- Commercially astute with a passion for keeping up to date with key legal and business news.
- A proven track record in delivering technical excellence and in leading workstreams and negotiations.
- First class relationship building skills and the ability to develop and cement client relations and team working.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with an interest in driving and participating in team business development initiatives.
- Good time and file management skills.
- Proactive ‘Can do’ attitude with a flexible approach to working under pressure.
In return, we offer:
- Competitive salary reviewed annually.
- Attractive bonus scheme.
- Employee benefits to include private healthcare cover and life assurance.
- Defined career progression development plan.
- Autonomy and flexibility to work at home and in the office.