The funding of real estate investment, operation and development is becoming increasingly complex. To successfully navigate this landscape, solid market knowledge, broad asset expertise and a full-service team are essential.
As a highly experienced team of specialist Real Estate Finance Lawyers, we advise lenders and borrowers on all types of real estate backed debt transactions, covering all asset types, debt sizes and tiers of debt. We are renowned for our high level of client service and our transactional expertise.
The team advises on all aspects of a transaction, drawing on the expertise of our market leading specialists in the real estate, construction, planning and corporate disciplines. Our clients include commercial and private banks, alternative lenders, building societies, funds, developers, listed corporates, owner-operators and high net worth investors.
We advise in relation to asset classes as diverse as residential real estate, commercial/residential mixed use, shopping centres and retail parks, hotels and other leisure facilities, student accommodation, offices, care homes and industrial. In the development arena, our work can range from large scale transformational developments to refurbishment works.
Lender Side Instructions
- Acting for specialist lender Zorin Finance on acquisition and development financing transactions in aggregate debt value in excess of £100m.
- Acting for Principality Building Society as funding partner for a flagship regeneration scheme to create a £100 million urban village in Cardiff.
- Acting for Principality Building Society on a £17m development facility to partially fund the development of The Mill, Cardiff.
- Acting for Warwick Capital on a £25m credit facility to enable a developer to pursue residential development projects in Wales.
- Acting for a private bank on the £120m financing of a residential development project in west London.
- Acting for a challenger bank on the financing of residential development, mixed use and care home projects around the UK in aggregate debt value of £150m.
- Acting for a commercial bank on the £30m financing of a London hotel and the £35m financing of student accommodation in Hampshire.
Borrower side instructions
- Acting for Rightacres Property Co. on Cardiff’s Central Square project, a landmark office, retail and residential development and regeneration scheme with complex financing arrangements.
- Acting for Choice Care Group on various facilities to fund the development of care homes and group operations in aggregate debt value in excess of £100m.
- Acting for LifeCare Residences on the development funding for London’s first luxury retirement community in Battersea and various retirement village and nursing home refinancings.
- Acting for a leading London property developer on the £135m financing for the development of a new commercial, retail and residential estate in east London and the £43m senior and mezzanine financing for the development of a block of high-end residential units in north London.
- Acting for a large asset management company on the £80m senior and mezzanine refinancing of a portfolio of London office properties.
- Acting for an Asian property developer on the £110m financing for the redevelopment of a mixed use office, residential and retail site in Central London.
- Acting for a luxury hotel group on its group restructuring and the associated refinancing by way of a £180m credit facility.