Andrew is a partner in our Corporate Team.
He is an accomplished M&A, capital markets and corporate specialist with a City background, having trained at Fox Williams and previously practised at BDB Pitmans.
Andrew is highly experienced in capital markets transactions, acting for listed companies, nominated advisors and brokers in relation to IPOs, fundraisings and reverse takeovers. He also has vast experience in supporting private equity funds, as well as in advising both sellers and buyers on domestic and cross-border M&A transactions with deal values of up to £100 million.
Andrew is extremely conversant with the start-up ecosystem, having spent a number of years advising start-ups, founders, university spinouts, universities and incubators. He works closely with a number of London-based universities and a variety of co-working spaces and incubators to provide legal help to their start-up companies. He also acts as a mentor to early-stage founders.
In addition, Andrew handles general corporate and corporate governance matters.
Outside of the Law, Andrew enjoys playing sports, including football, golf, rugby and cricket, and is an avid American football fan. He is also a former director of the Swansea City Supporters Trust (a shareholder of Swansea Football Club). Andrew is a very average guitarist but keen music fan, and likes cooking so much he almost became a chef.
- Advising owners of J Browne Construction, a water and utility services business, on its sale to London Stock Exchange listed Renew Holdings plc for £29.5 million
- Advising South Africa-based Wimpy owner, Famous Brands, on its acquisition of Gourmet Burger Kitchen for £120 million
- Advising AIM-listed Frenkel Topping plc’s acquisition of N-Able Service Ltd, a professional service firm providing case management and care expert reports
- Advising the leading distributor of interactive entertainment, gaming software and hardware in the Balkan region on its acquisition of a majority stake in a UK-based games developer and online distributor from a private equity shareholder
- Advising on the sale of formerly AIM-listed Goals Soccer Centres and its de-listing from AIM
- Advising on the IPO of Sourcebio International plc, a leading international provider of integrated state-of-the-art laboratory services and products to clients in the healthcare, clinical and life science sectors, to AIM, together with a placing to raise £35 million
- Advising on the IPO of Rockwood Strategic plc, an investment trust, to the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange and its simultaneous de-listing from the AIM Market
- Advising on the listing of tenpin bowling operator Ten Entertainment Group plc to the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange with a market cap of £110 million
- Advising a range of companies as well as nominated advisers and brokers in relation to IPOs and RTOs, including Maestrano Group plc, Trackwise Designs plc, Open Orphan plc, Contango Holdings plc and Mila Resources plc
- Advising for over a decade a variety of listed companies, nominated advisers and brokers on a wide range of multimillion-pound placings across a number of sectors, including natural resources, professional services, healthcare and entertainment
Advising private equity funds in relation to a number of deals over the past 10 years, including:
- the MBO of Medica Packaging, a healthcare packaging business, which was backed by a private equity fund
- a multimillion-pound investment into the Pelsis Group, a UK provider of branded products to the pest control supplies industry
- the acquisition and take private of AIM Market-listed Source BioScience plc and Journey Group plc, both by way of a scheme of arrangement, for £63 million and £30 million respectively
- the acquisition of Coventbridge, a global leader in full service investigative solutions, together with the equity split for management and subsequent fundraising rounds
- Advising a wide range of founders and start-up companies in relation to multi-million pound investment rounds across a variety of sectors including AI, food and beverage, MedTech, sustainability, cryptocurrency and health and beauty care
- Advising universities, founders and spin-out companies in relation to the spin-out process
- Drafting key corporate documents including shareholders and founder agreements, articles of association and SAFE/ASA agreements
- Providing advice in relation to preparing for an exit and also advising on the exit process itself