Acuity Law is a dynamic law firm with a modern organisational structure and an agile, fluid team-centric model. Not held back by tradition, we are always looking to improve our client service and grow our community of lawyers.
We are a team of instinctively commercial lawyers, passionate about delivering the best legal service with our people and our clients at the heart of everything we do.
As experts in our fields, total quality at all levels of our business is our hallmark. This is our measure of success: long-standing client relationships, helping our clients to achieve their business objectives as an extension of our client’s commercial and legal teams.
The firm’s culture is reflected in the quality of service to clients and the speed and precision with which the Acuity Law team gives advice.
The firm’s recent accolades include The Times Best Law Firms of the Year 2020, Law Firm of the Year 2020 at Wales Legal Awards and Law Firm of the Year (Wales) at the Legal 500 Awards.
Due to rapid growth and continued success, we’re looking for a solicitor to join our award-winning litigation team, handling a range of complex and high-profile commercial disputes.
The team’s varied workload covers all types of commercial litigation, with specialisms in contractual disputes, director and shareholder disputes, professional negligence, property disputes, intellectual property disputes, construction litigation, defamation and reputation management.
Reporting directly into the Partners of a highly functioning, collaborative and ambitious team you will be an integral part of Acuity’s litigation offering.
As a Commercial Litigation Solicitor, you will play a pivotal role in Acuity’s litigation service helping to drive market share and brand presence. You will thrive in managing a varied caseload of litigation matters and in working with the wider business.
As an experienced Litigation Solicitor, you will possess the following skills & experience:
- A qualified Solicitor in England & Wales with a minimum of 2 years post-qualifying experience.
- Strong litigation experience gained at a City or national law firm.
- Commercially astute with a passion for keeping up to date with key legal and business news.
- A proven track record in delivering technical excellence and in leading workstreams and negotiations.
- First class relationship building skills and the ability to develop and cement client relations and team working.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with an interest in driving and participating in team business development initiatives.
- Good time and file management skills.
- Proactive ‘Can do’ attitude with a flexible approach to working under pressure.
Reporting directly into the Head of Commercial of a highly functioning, collaborative and ambitious team you will be an integral part of Acuity’s Commercial offering.
- Drafting and reviewing commercial contracts
- Franchise agreements
- E-commerce and software as a service agreement
- Supply terms
- Agency agreements
- Buying and selling a business
- Participation in business development and networking initiatives
In return, you will receive:
- Competitive salary reviewed annually.
- Attractive bonus scheme.
- Employee benefits to include private healthcare cover and life assurance.
- Defined career progression development plan.
- Autonomy and flexibility to work at home and in the office.