SME Brexit Support Fund
Key Contact: Katrina McWhinnie
Do you import and export goods between GB and the EU or move goods between GB and Northern Ireland?
Good news! The government has launched a £20 million SME Brexit Support Fund intended to help SMEs pay for training or professional advice, with a grant up to £2,000 to adapt to new trade rules.
Grant Eligibility Criteria
The fund supports small and medium sized businesses with:
- Up to 500 employees;
- With no more than £100 million annual turnover;
- Established in the UK for at least 12 months before submitting the application
Apply online through PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) who are administering the grants on behalf of HMRC. Application process times vary however, PwC expect to respond within two to three weeks of you submitting the application. The grant will be paid to you within 30 days of submission of proof of payment and supporting invoice, by BACS transfer to a UK bank account in the name of the applicant organisation.
Applications will close on 30th June 2021 or earlier, if all funding is allocated before this date. Get in quick!
Acuity Law can offer the following areas of expertise, offered through the SME Brexit Support Fund:
- Tariff classification
- Import and Export Process
- Incoterms® 2020 – international commercial terms.
- Customs Procedure Code (CPC) to identify the reason for export/import and applicable customs regime
- Origin Rules – Establish the origin of your goods, to ascertain whether your goods qualify for tariff-free trade
- Licences and Controls
- Product compliance
- Customs simplified procedures – customs warehousing, inward processing, outward processing, reliefs and temporary admission.
- Customs documentation review
Help is at hand
Acuity Law understands adapting to new rules, introducing customs regimes, and getting it right can be challenging, which is why we have set up our Trade Desk to support our clients and mitigate business interruption. Acuity Law provides practical, professional advice so your business can meet its customs, excise, import VAT, or safety and security declaration requirements. We can also deliver bespoke customs training programmes. For more information, contact Acuity Partner Katrina McWhinnie directly.